One database for multiple computers

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

absintheur

One database for multiple computers

Post by absintheur »

Hello.
Is it possible to somehow synchronize a database on two computers? PC's are on the same network, also we have ftp server. Everyday make backup on one pc and import to another is not good idea. Teamviewer and stuff also is't good decision. On pc's we using windows 7 x86 (32 bit). Maybe someone knows how to solve such problem.

Best reggards
AndilgE
Location: Rua José Alexandre 107 - Flecheiras, 62690.000 Trairi-CE, Brasil

Re: One database for multiple computers

Post by AndilgE »

Hi absintheur,

Depending on configuration and acessability you can reach one and the same databas from globaly any end points without problem. But your question is rather directing to backing up the database, kind of redistrubute, right?

You can do so by using the subordination built in HotelDruid. You'll find more about this in the chapter configuration, interconnections. Basically this enables to connect a second, thirs fourth .... HotelDruid installation to a main one and so copy all entries from there, where all alteration in the 'slave' instalation(s) are disabled. So slaves areread only, but can be turned back to normal mode when disactivation the subrdination by configuration whenever you want to do so.

I've set up an explication ho we handle this here. It is all free, you'll just need to read the subrdination basics and the hints I've written there. This is working for month here and has helped many times when internet was away from some hours, when I cracked or deleted the database by mistake, when there was a ddos attack on the server that hosts the main installation and so on.

Check out this to get more familiar with it all
http://www.hoteldruid.com/forum/viewtop ... 95ca366829

Happy HotelDruiding

Andilge