Problem creating database

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

kesumai

Problem creating database

Post by kesumai »

Hi there,

since this morning I've been trying to setup php-residence, but I am not able to create the database. I have downloaded easyphp and I have followed the instruction "How to Install Php-Residence on Windows with Easyphp", but it is simply not working. I always get the following error message:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle na (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\Program Files\Easy_PHP-5.3.2\www\php-residence_1.2.2\php-residence\creadb.php on line 170

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat. in C:\Program Files\Easy_PHP-5.3.2\www\php-residence_1.2.2\php-residence\creadb.php on line 170

Inserted data isn't exact or the database isn't listening (if it's postgres make sure it is started with -i and you have right permissions in pg_hba.conf).

So, I guess, the login data is not correct (the mysql database is up and running). I tried to create the database with password (mysql - as described on the documentation page) and without password but I always get the same error message.

Can some one please help me!!!!
Thanks
kesumai
kesumai

Re: Problem creating database

Post by kesumai »

I am not sure but I think the root of the matter is that I am running Vista on my PC. To make a long story short: In the end I uninstalled EasyPHP and installed Xampp and now Php-Residence is running without any problems.
Freddi

Post by Freddi »

Hi
I also experience the same error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxx'@'xx.xxx.xx.xxx' (using password: YES) in /home/sites/xxx.xxx/public_html/res/creadb.php on line 170

Inserted data isn't exact or the database isn't listening (if it's postgres make sure it is started with -i and you have right permissions in pg_hba.conf).

I have tried setting up different databases but the same error occurs evry time. Now this is out on a hosted server in my public html folder.

What can I do?
jesterman

Post by jesterman »

Hi,

I have had the same problem. I only get this error message when trying to install to an existing MySQL5 Database. When I try installing to a MySQL4 Database it works fine.

Does anyone know how to perform a successful install to an existing MySQL5 database? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jesterman
marco

Post by marco »

Make sure you're using the correct database username and password.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
shipra

Post by shipra »

Did anyone try to install this on Mac OS and encounter the error:

while creating DB, using MySQL and fill all the details but I get the below error message:

Inserted data isn't exact or the database isn't listening (if it's postgres make sure it is started with -i and you have right permissions in pg_hba.conf).\

I am able to login into mysql using Terminal and created new DB there.
marco

Post by marco »

Make sure you're using the correct database username, password and port number.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php