Start and End dates Drop Down menu

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

arielgrin

Start and End dates Drop Down menu

Post by arielgrin »

I have created year 2008 for php-residence.

If I open the drop down menu to choose the start date (or end date, both behave the same way) when creating a reservation, or checking for availability, after Dec 27 2008, instead of showing Dec 28 2008, Dec 29 2008, Dec 30 2008, Dec 31 2008 and Jan 1 2009, it shows Dec 27 2008, Dec 27 2008, Dec 27 2008, Dec 27 2008, Dec 27 2008

Is that a bug? Is there a way to fix that? Thanks
MarcAstr0

Post by MarcAstr0 »

I have the same problem, but the date that repeats itself is Oct. 11. I've looked at /dati/selperiodimenu2008.1.php and all the dates are there. Also, when I use the calendar to select the date, the script hangs when it reaches October, most likely due to having that same date repeat itself. Any way to fix this?

Update:
Playing around with the configuration, I've found this problem happens when javascript is enabled, so the problem might be in the script.

Update: I've noticed the same problem on the demo in php-residence's homepage.
marco

Post by marco »

Where exactly in the demo? Which browser and system are you using?

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
MarcAstr0

Post by MarcAstr0 »

The drop down menu and the calendar script work ok with IE7. I've encountered the problem on IE6 and Firefox 2 (Firefox on both Windows and Linux). I haven't tested in Firefox 3.
MarcAstr0

Post by MarcAstr0 »

Update:

Now I get the bug with IE7, specifically 7.0.6001.18000. The last time the drop down menu and the calendar worked ok was on another computer using IE7 version 7.0.5730.11. The problem persists on Firefox 3.
marco

Post by marco »

I am unable to replicate this bug so there's no way I can solve it.

Marco
ChocloMoya

Re: Start and End dates Drop Down menu

Post by ChocloMoya »

Hi:

I currently use PHP-residence 1.2 with IE browser and Firefox.

When I try to select the last date from the drop down date menu... the scrip crashes... even in the PHP-Residence Demo page...

"Un script de esta página puede estar ocupado, o puede haber dejado de responder. Puede detener el script, o puede continuar para ver si el script finaliza.

Script: http://www.digitaldruid.net/php-residen ... tions.js:8"

strange uhhh???
marco

Post by marco »

This bug is in your system (browser, os, lack of memory or something else) that does not implemet javascript correctly. You can use the "simple theme without javascript" from "configure and customize" if your system does not support javascript correctly. If you find what is causing the problem (for example an antivirus, a browser extension or whatever else) please report it here, maybe I can find a workaroud.

Regards,
Marco
fedelang

Post by fedelang »

HI, I'm having the same problem. When I Reach October 2011 the Javascript Crashes.

I can't find a workarround. I Use Chrome 8.0.552.237 and Safari Version 5.0.3 (5533.19.4) (OS X)

I tried IE in a PC and had no luck at all.

Is there a way to fix this problem?
fedelang

Post by fedelang »

I actually tested it with windows 7 7.0.5730.13 (windos XP) and works fine. It seems its a crossbrowser compatibility issue.