backup / restore not working on hosted account--Resolved!

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

CutNGlass

backup / restore not working on hosted account--Resolved!

Post by CutNGlass »

I have a test account (h225) which I am able to perform backup/restore as discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12931&sid=2a79dc032 ... d5a38d5320
This exact problem discussed in above post regarding account(h226) I was able to repair in the test account (h225) by downloading backup file, editing out offending characters, uploading backup file, restoring from backup file.

It concerns me that I cannot backup/restore database in the (h226) account.

There are ampersands in the data for the origini_prenota data area (should not have & or any ampersands -- now I am using "and" instead of "&" in the "origin" data field.

As mentioned in the above-referenced post, the origini_prenota data which cannot be deleted through normal Hotel Druid "delete" key.
What is worse, when the origini_prenota data was altered to contain even more "amp;" items when I "imported" the settings from one user to another!
Obviously I was not thinking when I used an "&" in a field which is being stored in a database, but then, I was not thinking.

This is probably not the only problem, since I get an error when trying to restore from a newly-created backup (not even trying to download/upload it)(h226).

(mary)
CutNGlass

Re: backup / restore not working on hosted account--Resolved

Post by CutNGlass »

Marco:

Thanks for helping us with this so promptly!

I believe that this was solved when the file format issue was resolved.

Thanks,

Mary