Please help!

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

rulez22

Please help!

Post by rulez22 »

After in "configure in customize" i have added "Replace the word with..." - I've added to replace word "extraordinary" with "extra cost".
I have lost some things for all users, for example I cannot change graphic theme anymore for all of them, it always stays as BASE.
Tried to add more words in to this "replace word with.. " thing - they dont appear anywhere, I've checked database for that word - nothing, same with all .php files in DATI folder.
What is wrong with it - how do i fix it?
I can see that the system creates file parole_sost.php with that word replacement.
Deleting this file doesn't help
Please advice!
rulez22

Re: Please help!

Post by rulez22 »

Ok, I seem to fixed it
System was also creating blank file tema.php
After adding this for all 3 users everything works fine:

<?php
$parole_sost = 0;
$tema[1] = "sim";
$tema[2] = "sim";
$tema[3] = "sim";
?>
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

Just to round up things a bit...
PHPR is not great but highly customazible and can do the job..
I had about 10 installations of PHP residence over time on different servers and still have some problems popping up - which i can figure out myself or find on this forum... but, is there a way to make some sort of integrity check like writing permissions, etc.?
It is hard coding php which has to be properly coded to show all errors. I also notice some little (not major) differences in PHPR installed on different servers like one doesnt show any countries as dropdown box. Newly installed PHPR - DOES.
Another BUG which I have to go through EVERY year is when PHPR automatically creates new year (usually mid January-end of January) - you will have to recreate template, otherwise system will continue showing availability when there is none. Things like that.
I just think that these are major things that have to be fixed.
Still appreciate the work and for what we get free of charge at the end!
My respect to Marco!
marco

Post by marco »

A check for dati folder write permissions is made when installing php-residence, I think that doing it each time afterwards would be overkill to program and an unnecessary resources waste. If you move php-residence directory around you should reinstall it and use the php-residence backup system, so you won't have problems.

When upgrading, php-residence will always try to behave the same way as previous version when possible, I consider this a great feature and not a bug. So you can get new features if you need them, but they won't get in your way. What if someone was using the nations fields in some custom way, and suddently finds that he cannot enter custom text anymore? If you want the new nations list you can go in "configure and customize" and restore defaults.

It's been years that php-residence upgrades the templates on new year, if they are correctly set up (as explained in the README). My php-residence hosting customers have never had this problem, and the code is the same.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

What would you recommend in order to make system work properly?
I had this instance of PHP for about 5 years now and some things could have gone wrong (maybe due to wrong file permissions, etc)
I do not want to loose any information - clients, bookings, custom documents, custom headers/footers.
What do you recommend in order to make system "nice and clean" but to keep all the information?

PS. By the way I have found out - this bug happens EXACTLY on 10th of January every year!

Thanks a lot!