Paypal "module" and server restrictions

Post here questions about hoteldruid hosting on DigitalDruid.Net and add-on modules.

Moderator: marco

t3rry

Paypal "module" and server restrictions

Post by t3rry »

Hi Marko and people

I really like this Php Residence program you've built. I know a little PHP but nothing like this.

I am exploring the Php Residence for a client who wants exactly what you are providing, including the hosting package as he only has a 3 page website and needs very little server space.

We will require the Paypal option for his guests to pay for their stay (or a deposit ... we'll work that out later). Is the paypal module available in the downloadable version? I have been testing it out on a local server but haven't noticed the paypal module or template anywhere. I'd like to get familiar with it if it's available anywhere.

Also...

Are there any restrictions on the use of the server. We need to host merely html, jpeg, gif, perhaps small swf files and a php mail handler. Hoping that there are no problems as we want to get started as soon as possible.

Thank you
terrence
PS I am surprised that they didn't include a search function in this BB board.
marco

Post by marco »

The paypal module is not freely downloadable, you can try how it works from the administrator demo, the only difference in the demo is that it doesn't remember the settings you have inserted the next time you create the template and that it uses paypal sandbox instead of real paypal.

All those files are ok on the digitaldruid.net hosting except for the php ones as the only scripting language allowed there is apache SSI. The only php files allowed are the templates created by php-residence, but you can't upload, download or rename them.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php