Insert New Reservation -> Deposit

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

ivantnl

Insert New Reservation -> Deposit

Post by ivantnl »

Good day, i have a question about Deposit.

1) My room rate is 85, usually we will collect the deposit from guest is 100, then upon check out the deposit 100 will be refund to the guest, but hoteldruid deposit cannot > rate, otherwise hoteldruid will automatically change the deposit. Do you have any idea to guide me on this matter?

2) How to make - (negative) calculation after collected deposit and rate payment?

in the configure don't have the function like "Custom fields for clients:" for reservation.

thanks.
CutNGlass

Re: Insert New Reservation -> Deposit

Post by CutNGlass »

Hi,

We use the hosted version of this for one of our client's.

Your Question #1:
You may wish to set up something similar to how we handle "Pet Fee's", which we create as an "Extra Cost." Their Pet Fees are non-refundable, but we originally did not realize that and had to figure out how to handle the same scenario you described.

You could create these "Extra Costs":
  • "Security Deposit" of $100.00
    "Refund Security Deposit" of -$100.00.
If you need to create these "on-the-fly" and do not care what the name of the fee is listed as, then you can add in an "Extraordinary Cost"

We have several different types of "Extra Cost" items for tickets, etc.

If you want pre-set discounts, you can use the "Extra Cost" as a negative number -- and change the name accordingly.

Your Question #2:
I know that I was able to make a custom client field (simply a checkbox) to indicate that client did not want email adverts:
  • email_opt_out
It has been a while, and I will have to take a look at how we did this, as I don't really remember how.

--
Mary