Service Charge and Tax configuration

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

dougtrellis

Service Charge and Tax configuration

Post by dougtrellis »

I have a 15 boutique hotel in Sri Lanka with a Restaurant and Cocktail bar. Hotel Druid looks like a good package to provide an integrated Reservation and POS solution for the facility. I have however done an install and I am trying to configure rates and basic settings and cannot seem to find a solution to some basic issues which are necessary for our operation. These are as follows

1. Dual currency. We market the Hotel through a number of OTA options (booking.com, agoda, website) and we promote our prices in US Dollars. The restaurant and bar activities are managed in Sri Lankan Rupees and final bills for settlement are converted to SLR also. What Dual currency facilities are there?

2. Our Rates are comprised of a base rate to which we add 10% service charge and 12% Tax. I cannot see how to add the service charge. Also we promote our prices pre tax and SC. Can this be done?

These are pretty fundamental requirements for our business and will be the deciding factor before going through the pain of setting up the database.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
marco

Re: Service Charge and Tax configuration

Post by marco »

Hello,
hoteldruid hasn't multi currency support for now, you can have different rates with different currencies but totals will be mixed up. Taxes are calculated as already included in rate price, but if you want to show them separately you can insert them as an extra cost (select the option "consider this extra cost entirely as taxes). Same thing for service charges.

You can insert extra costs form prices insertion page, you find the first step below the daily and weekly prices insertion.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php