POS System and Documents

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

ashish

POS System and Documents

Post by ashish »

Hi Friends

This is a really nice piece of software and the more I discover it the better it gets. However, sometimes it gets too complicated to understand on the go, especially the document system

Thing is I need to be able to create a document when an order has been placed in the POS. Now this needs to be done by creating a doc, can someone point me to the right direction on how to create a doc which has all extra costs currently shown on the POS terminal.

Also, in the wider scope, anyone can explain, how do the custom arrays in the system work - once a custom array is added do we need to add the elements to the array via rules or does it take up values automatically.
Say, I created an array with the name "extra_cost_insertion_date_array" and select "extra_cost_insertion_date" in the array of variable field, will this new array contain all the dates automatically or do I need to populate the same by looping through it. Also, is there a place to do a var_dump for these arrays.

Hoping to be able to use this system for a long time.

Regards
Ashish
marco

Re: POS System and Documents

Post by marco »

Hello Ashish,
inserting this repetition in a document should show le list of inserted items from the pos, when selecting this document in the page that confirms pos insertion:

[r3]
[extra_cost_name]: [extra_cost_value]<br>
[/r3]

You can use all variables beginning with exta_cost_ inside extra costs repetitions ([r3]...[/r3]).

Reagdrs,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php