The file format is wrong.-- Solved-thanks Marco!

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

CutNGlass

The file format is wrong.-- Solved-thanks Marco!

Post by CutNGlass »

Should we be able to restore from a backup on the hosted system?

When I attempt to restore from a downloaded backup file, I get the following error:
The file format is wrong.
I tried simply downloading the file and then uploading it back, I get the same error.

Same error occurs when trying to restore from newly-created backup file -- without download/upload.
This is on hosted on hoteldruid.net

Here is what I am trying to fix:

origini_prenota has data which I cannot edit out via the interface:
<riga><cmp>origini_prenota</cmp><cmp>1</cmp><cmp>Travel & Tourism,Resorts & Lodges Website,Mill House Website,Friend,Returning Customer,Trip Advisor Website,Resorts and Lodges Website,Travel and Tourism,Booking.com,Expedia.com,Reztracker Website,Referral - Play House,Referral - Welcome Center,Internet Search,Other - see comment</cmp><cmp></cmp></riga>
I want to replace with
<riga><cmp>origini_prenota</cmp><cmp>1</cmp><cmp>Friend,Previous,Millhouse Website,Trip Advisor Website,Resorts and Lodges Website,Travel and Tourism,Booking.com,Expedia.com,Reztracker Website,Referral - Play House,Referral - Welcome Center,Internet Search,Other - add 2 comment</cmp><cmp></cmp></riga>
This was made even worse when I imported settings into a new user:
<riga><cmp>origini_prenota</cmp><cmp>11</cmp><cmp>Resorts &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Lodges Website,Mill House Website,Friend,Returning Customer,Trip Advisor Website,Resorts and Lodges Website,Travel and Tourism,Booking.com,Expedia.com,Reztracker Website,Referral - Play House,Referral - Welcome Center,Internet Search,Other - see comment</cmp><cmp></cmp></riga>
(see all of the additional amersands(&)(amp;)? This may need to be edited out of the database manually... however, I can't. Also doesn't seem that editing backup file will work either.

Problem occurred when I originally had an ampersand (&) in the data. I was allowed to enter it; however I cannot delete it.

It concerns me that I cannot restore from backup. Can you look at this? (h226)

(mary)
Last edited by CutNGlass on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djct101

Re: The file format is wrong.

Post by djct101 »

I also get this message trying to restore from a backup. I run v2.0.x (upgraded to 2.0.3) and wanted to run a second installation on another machine for disaster recovery. it's backup files don't seem to be compatible with an installation on any other machine though. Tried all versions up to the new 2.1 - always get the same message. Now I'm wondering what I'll do if (when) I have a disk failure. Maybe time to start looking at something else instead of hoteldruid
CutNGlass

Re: The file format is wrong.

Post by CutNGlass »

Note:

We had used the "&" special character -- so that needed to be handled specially. The problem actually arose after I imported settings from an existing user to a new user.

You may wish to check to see if the fix for this has been merged into the public version. We are on hosted version and this issue has been handled now.

Thank you, Marco, for fixing this for us!
--
Scott & Mary